Girl teaching love to a soldier. Source: Pinterest
Many people have their own opinions. For what it’s worth, here’s mine.
Check here for more posts on Peace.
I am a pacifist, and so I have written this post with the hope that someone considering joining te army will read this, and reconsider.
nb I fully respect other people’s views, and those who have fought in the past. That is not what this post is about. It is about the future.
Cool girl pacifist. Source: Pinterest
So, here we go… Why not to join the army:
1. You are likely to die.
2. Your friends are likely to die.
3. You have to kill someone.
Unknown American Pacifist Soldier. Source: Pinterest
4. If you don’t die or kill someone, you are supporting the opportunity for someone else to do so.
5. You are likely to get PTSD. The pain of suffering PTSD is not fun and highly likely (around 11-20% of soldiers suffer with PTSD after each war).
Funny 70’s women. Source: Pinterest
6. It will not change anything– war creates war.
7. You can make strong friendships other ways (see things to do instead of join the army post).
Banksy Street Art. Source: Pinterest.
8. You’re wasting your countries’ resources. A hell of a lot of money is spent on people killing people ($30 billion is spent by the United Nations alone each year). -Wouldn’t it be nice if it was invested in wellness instead?
So children could go to better schools, hospitals have better resources, and on top of that, we could have the benefit of a system that supports peace and encourages the safety of our civilians?
Little girl hugging a bomb by Banksy. Source: Pinterest.
9. Your loved ones will miss you. Especially if you don’t come back.
10. You can choose to either seek revenge or act out of anger, or, choose to find a way to make whatever annoyed you in the first place to never happen again.
Little boy knows world peace. Source: Pinterest
I am hopeful that one day many people can see what I see; a world in which we can choose to understand what is lacking in each other’s lives without criticism, in which we share out what is needed without a fuss, or a fight, and in which people, become more important than bombs.
What do you think? Would you ever join the army? Or do you know a way to find peace in the world? Let me know, in the comments below!